JULY 2019 – NEWSLETTER #24 ON ONLINE EDUCATION AT SCALE
• Moody’s: College revenue growth lagged in 2018
• Amazon Partners with George Mason University to Launch a Cloud-Based Degree
• University of Oxford Will Invest $190 Million on Humanities and Create an Institute for Ethics in AI
• Capella Online University Opens a Brick-and-Mortar Center to Provide In-Person Support
• 400+ Online Courses With Real College Credit That You Can Access For Free
• European MOOC Platforms Plan New Generation of Microcredentials
• Billionaire Mark Cuban Takes Online Coding Classes to Sharpen His Investment Skills
• JetBlue Eases the Financial Burden of Their Crew Members Earning a Master’s Degree
• Facebook Teams Up With Community Colleges to Offer Certificate Programs on Digital Marketing
• McGraw-Hill Education Chief Financial Officer Mike Evans Resigns
• Degreed Raises an Additional $75M to Expand Its Career Development Business
• Wiley Buys ZyBooks in $56M Cash Deal to Bolster Courseware Offerings
• ETS Invests in New Edtech Startup Accelerator Run by LearnLaunch
• Artificial Intelligence in Education is Here to Stay: Will it Augment or Replace?
• AI Education: Penn State Will Use a Virtual Assistant in Academic Advising
• Are the Golden Years of Education Entrepreneurship Gone?
• Ideas to Boost Your Course Completion Rate
• Teachers, Administrators or Students? What Sector Should Data Focus On?
2019 UPCOMING EVENTS
This newsletter about learning innovation is a monthly report compiled by IBL News and IBL Education. If you enjoy what you read please consider forwarding it to spread the word. Click here to subscribe.