Expand your knowledge on the leading big data program and take advantage of the growing market demand.
In June, the Linux Foundation will offer a self-paced, free introductory course on Apache Hadoop on the edX platform. This 15-weeks / 3-4 hours per week MOOC will include a hands-on practice exercise based on setting up a small-scale Hadoop test platform.
It will feature six chapters, each with a short graded quiz at the end:
- The origins of Apache Hadoop and its big data ecosystem.
- Deploying Hadoop in a clustered environment of a modern day enterprise IT.
- Building data lake management architectures around Apache Hadoop.
- Leveraging the YARN framework to enable heterogeneous analytical workloads on Hadoop clusters.
- Leveraging Apache Hive for an SQL-centric view into the enterprise data lake.
- An introduction to managing key Hadoop components (HDFS, YARN, and Hive) from the command line.
- Securing and scaling your data lakes in multi-tenant enterprise environments.
“This course is perfect for IT professionals seeking a high-level overview of Hadoop, and who want to find out if a Hadoop-driven big data strategy is the right solution to meet their data retention and analytics needs,” explains The Linux Foundation.
To complete the course, a final exam will be required. A verified certificate will be available for $99.