IBL News | New York
By 2026, over 80% of enterprises will be using Gen AI applications in production environments and/or have APIs and models, predicted Gartner, Inc.
Demand is especially increasing in healthcare, life sciences, legal, financial services, and the public sector.
Three innovations projected to have a huge impact on organizations within ten years include GenAI-enabled applications, foundation models, and AI trust, risk, and security management.
• “The most common pattern for GenAI-embedded capabilities today is text-to-X, which democratizes access for workers, to what used to be specialized tasks, via prompt engineering using natural language,” said Arun Chandrasekaran, VP Analyst at Gartner.
• “However, these applications still present obstacles such as hallucinations and inaccuracy that may limit widespread impact and adoption.”
• “Foundation models are an important step forward for AI due to their massive pretraining and wide use-case applicability.”
• “Foundation models will advance digital transformation within the enterprise by improving workforce productivity, automating and enhancing customer experience and enabling cost-effective creation of new products and services.”
• “Organizations that do not consistently manage AI risks are exponentially inclined to experience adverse outcomes, such as project failures and breaches. Inaccurate, unethical, or unintended AI outcomes, process errors, and interference from malicious actors can result in security failures, financial and reputational loss or liability, and social harm.”
I was recently invited as a generative AI Keynote speaker at the Private Markets European Summit.
My presentation was focused on answering one key question: How can financial institutions integrate generative AI to gain a competitive edge whilst minimising risk.
Here are some… pic.twitter.com/lepFZ9dFzb
— Mayo Oshin (@mayowaoshin) December 4, 2023
The lift off of open source LLM AI models in less than a year is astonishing to see.
Mistral 8x7b and Yi-34B is on the move and will significantly improve in the next weeks.
Yes so will closed source.
But when is “good enough” good enough for many if not most uses? pic.twitter.com/C2QAibNylI
— Brian Roemmele (@BrianRoemmele) December 20, 2023
Open-source models will destroy ChatGPT and Gemini.
The story of open-source Large Language Models is the story of Linux. Windows and Mac won consumers, but Linux became the Internet’s operating system.
The same will happen with ChatGPT, Gemini, and open-source models. Closed,… pic.twitter.com/fdmS1VNtqf
— Santiago (@svpino) December 22, 2023