What are the key technology trends in higher education?
See the picture above that we captured last week at the Educause annual meeting in Orlando, Florida, where more than 7,000 college officials, 270 exhibitors and hundreds of organizations –IBL, among them– gathered to discuss new ideas such as the new role of the CIO in the educational industry (see below).
Fast trends (1-2 years):
- Growing ubiquity of social media
- Integration of online, hybrid and collaborative learning
Mid range trends (3-5 years):
- Rise of data-driven learning and assessment
- Shift from students as consumers to students as creators
Long range trends (8 or more years)
- Agile approaches to change
- Evolution of online learning
The New Horizon Report is can be downloaded here.
The Chief Information Officer’s new role
Moreover, Educause was organized and insightful, and it was a great gathering. Once again, we learned a lot!