IBL News | New York
Over 40,000 users have taken FreeCodeCamp.org open courses, including Dr. Chuck’s ‘Python for Everybody’ full online class.
This course teaches the basics of programming computers using Python 3. It has no pre-requisites and is aimed at anyone with moderate computer experience.
Created by University of Michigan’s Professor Charles Severance (a.k.a. Dr. Chuck), the course is offered for free in several formats:
- YouTube channel (14-hour watch)
- Course Website: https://www.py4e.com/
- Textbook: https://www.py4e.com/book.php
- Lecture Slides and Handouts: https://www.py4e.com/lectures3/
- Sample Code Zip: https://www.py4e.com/code3.zip
These are the topics covered:
- Installing Python
- Why Program?
- Variables, expressions, and statements
- Conditional Execution
- Loops and Iterations
- Regular Expressions
- Network Programming
- Using Web Services
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Data Visualization
Interview with Dr. Charles Severance, World’s #1 Python Professor