On September, as part of Google’s Apps for Education lineup of products, the giant search engine will release Classroom— an education platform and app for teacher-student communication.
- It will use Docs, Drive and Gmail to create and collect assignments.
- It will create Drive folders for each assignment and for each student.
- It will let teachers make announcements, ask questions and field student responses in real time.
In other words, this free LMS will also provide:
- Real-time questions and feedback on student work;
- Commenting; and
- Homework collection and organization.
In a way, many folks are already using that process. Google is now basically streamlining this process.
So far, Google is keeping Classroom invite-only. First group of pilot testers will start in June.